Québec City, February 8, 2019 – This week, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) once again received confirmation of its sound management and good governance through Transport Canada’s annual audit of its activities. Each year, YQB prepares an exhaustive accountability report for Transport Canada as part of the department’s lease monitoring program. And each time over the past ten years, the airport has been satisfactory in meeting its obligations.
Note that the federal agency is the only authority able to qualify and audit YQB’s governance.
Like all airport administrations, YQB is a privately owned, self-funded and non-profit company. As such, it benefits from a ground lease that comes with several obligations, including governance audits. In its 2018 audit, Transport Canada stated:
“These results show that your company manages, operates, maintains and develops the Québec City airport safely, competently and professionally while meeting the obligations of the ground lease.” – Transport Canada, February 6, 2019.
“Just yesterday, we received very positive feedback from Transport Canada, which recognized YQB’s sound management. I am sharing this mark of confidence with the entire YQB team, as they work tirelessly to meet the highest industry standards to make this a world-class airport,” stated Gaëtan Gagné, President and CEO of YQB.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Airport Innovation and Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands prix du génie-conseil québécois – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “YQB, Aéroport de Québec” mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “aeroportdequebec.com” website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Twitter : QuebecYQB
Facebook : facebook.com/aeroportdequebec
Web : www.aeroportdequebec.com
Advisor, Communications and Media Relations
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640‑2700, extension 2624