Accessibility at YQB
We are dedicated to making our airport accessible. Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport is doing everything possible to make your life easier and create a pleasant travel experience while complying with the Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations.
Need help? Feel free to get in touch.
To make a relay service call (telecommunications device for the deaf - TTY): 711
Request information by email: click here.
Request a video chat: click here.
Planning your trip
When you book your trip, make sure to inform your airline if you’ll need help during your flight, carrying special equipment, or moving through the terminal. For more information on airlines that serve YQB, consult the Airlines section.
Transportation to and from YQB
YQB has around 20 spaces reserved for people with accessible parking permits. These spaces are located near ramps and elevators, terminal entrances, and each of the airport’s buildings.
A heated walkway on level 2 of the parkade connects the parking area to the terminal.
Note that the clearance height of the parkade is 2.3 metres on the ground floor and 2.1 metres on each level.
For more information on our parking lots, consult the Parking and Drop-Off Areas section.
Vehicle rental companies offer a limited number of vehicles with hand controls. We encourage you to reserve your car at least 72 hours in advance.
Several companies offer paratransit to and from YQB. For more information, visit the Adapted Transportation section.
Other modes of transport
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport is served by public transit. Buses run to and from downtown, as well as many other locations in the city.
For more information, visit the Taxis, Uber and Public Transportation section.
At the airport
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport’s terminal meets current universal accessibility codes and standards. The terminal is designed to facilitate access for people with reduced mobility, motor disabilities, and hearing and visual impairments.
People with reduced mobility and motor disabilities
- Flight information displays are placed at an angle for easy viewing
- Tables have movable chairs without armrests
- Clearly identified accessible seating throughout the boarding areas
- Automatic doors at the terminal and parking lot entrances
- Access ramps on sidewalks near buildings
- Elevators with Braille buttons provide access to all levels
- Wheelchairs available in the check-in area.
People with hearing impairments
- Signage uses clear and universal language
- Audible and visible fire alarms are installed throughout the terminal, including bathrooms
People with visual impairments
- High-contrast non-reflective signage
- Mats indicating proximity to a boarding gate
- Voice broadcast system for audio announcements; the volume is automatically adjusted to the ambient noise level to facilitate comprehension and improve clarity
All washrooms and family washrooms at YQB have been designed and equipped for wheelchair access. These washrooms have Braille signage.
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport has TTY pay phones in the public domestic arrivals area and in front of the check-in counters. All pay phones in the terminal have volume control and are installed 138 cm (54 inches) above the ground for wheelchair access.
Service animals are allowed inside Quebec City Jean-Lesage International Airport. An outdoor relief area is located near the exit of the domestic arrivals area.
Please contact your airline for information about travelling with your service animal.
The Scotiabank ATMs are wheelchair accessible and meet CSA accessibility standards.