Québec City, December 4, 2018. – Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) has received an award for its communications management during the project to extend and improve the layout of the international terminal. The Élixir PMI award was presented yesterday evening at a ceremony organized by the Québec Association of Professionals in Project Management (PMI-Montréal). This is the airport's second Élixir award, following an award received in 2017 for the quality of its project office.
During the project to extend and improve the layout of the terminal building, YQB set up a matrix-based multidisciplinary team within the project office. Communications was part of the project structure from the outset, making it a fully-fledged project function.
"The decision to integrate communications at the heart of the project management process was visionary and beneficial. It increased our ability to respond swiftly to all the communications opportunities that arose during the project's implementation. I am extremely proud to see that our project management and the quality of our communications have again been recognized by the professional community. At YQB, communications is a team activity that is at the heart of each of our projects," says Gaëtan Gagné, president and CEO of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport.
The Élixir awards recognize the best aspects of project management in Québec, in all fields and across all industries. From project launch to completion, each step must be successfully completed using best practices. Through the Élixir awards, PMI-Montréal promotes excellence and individual and collective achievements in project management in Québec.
Just a few weeks ago, YQB was a prizewinner at the Excellence in Airport Marketing and Communication Awards 2018, organized by Airports Council International ‒ North America, for the quality of its communications. Each year, the awards recognize innovative marketing and public relations practices within the North American airport industry.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec inc., the private corporation responsible, since November 1, 2000, for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport. Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Airport Innovation and Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Best Responsive Communications – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Québec consulting engineering awards – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 - Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2018 and 2017 - Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 - Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "YQB, Aéroport de Québec" mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "aeroportdequebec.com" website
- 2016 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Advisor, communications and media relations
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640-2700, extension 2624