Québec City, January 15, 2019 – The largest route development forum in the Americas will be held in Canada this year for the first time, with Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) hosting. From February 12 to 14, hundreds of influencers from the airline industry will gather in Québec City to plan and negotiate the future of air services while discovering the area’s beauty and business potential.
“This annual forum is one of the largest and most prestigious in the air transport industry. It’s an invaluable opportunity to build relationships with airlines from around the world, showcase YQB and its cutting-edge facilities and pave the way for fruitful partnerships, all to the benefit of our 1.75 million passengers. Hosting this event in Québec City will position YQB as a world‑class airport capable of rivalling the best in the industry,” stated Gaëtan Gagné, President and CEO of YQB.
The 12th annual Routes Americas Forum will allow airports in Canada and the Americas to meet with major influencers and develop valuable relationships with some of the most influential aviation professionals in the world.
“Being able to host Routes Americas in Québec City is a major accomplishment for our region. It’s an opportunity to showcase the Capitale-Nationale area and its exceptional tourist attractions. An event this size is sure to bring significant economic and tourism benefits in the short, medium and long term,” stated Geneviève Guilbault, honorary president of the event, deputy premier, Minister of Public Security and Minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region.
Steven Small, brand director of Routes, has said that “[Québec City] is a fascinating, historic city with a dynamic economy and exciting aviation opportunities supported by the growth plans of YQB. It is an ideal location for the first Canadian Routes Americas and we firmly believe that the highly qualified YQB team will do a fantastic job of showing off Quebec City to the route development community.”
A shared success
This event could be hosted in Québec City thanks to the help of numerous partners: Québec City Business Destination, the Secretariat to the Capitale-Nationale, the Alliance de l’industrie touristique du Québec, Air Canada, Indigo, Aer Rianta International, GardaWorld, Norton Rose Fulbright, Pomerleau, Hilton Québec and Deloitte.
Routes events are unique forums dedicated to the development of air services, bringing together airlines, airports and destinations to meet, plan, discuss and negotiate new and existing flights. Five ‘regional’ route development forums are held between February and July in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa/Middle East and Silk Road/Russian Commonwealth, and the flagship World Routes event takes place in September. The events revolve around pre-scheduled meetings and an exhibition and conference which are delivered in partnership with host stakeholders.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Airport Innovation and Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands prix du génie-conseil québécois – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “YQB, Aéroport de Québec” mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “aeroportdequebec.com” website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Advisor, Communications and Media Relations
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640‑2700, extension 2624