Québec City, February 28, 2019 – During its meeting on February 28, 2019, the Board of Directors unanimously nominated Jean-Claude Labbé as their next chairman. An administrator since 2011, Mr. Labbé served as vice-chairman until his nomination. He will be succeeding André Fortin, who was chairman for seven years.
“I intend to take on this important role with care and integrity. Above all, I hope to embody the team spirit that is so important to our community relations. As YQB experiences its 17th consecutive year of growth, with remarkable results, I certainly see a bright future ahead for us,” stated Mr. Labbé.
Mr. Labbé worked in the media for more than 30 years. He began his career in 1974 with Le Journal de Québec, where he worked as Marketing Director, then from 1976 to 1982 as Vice-President of Sales. In 1982, he was named Editor and CEO of Le Journal de Québec, a position he held until his retirement in 2006. Today, he works as a consultant in communication and organization.
As for the hiring of the new President and CEO, a thorough process is still underway, overseen by a specialized recruitment firm. The Board of Directors will endorse their recommendation in a timely manner. Gaëtan Gagné, the current President and CEO, has confirmed that he will not be involved in choosing his successor.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Airport Innovation and Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands prix du génie-conseil québécois – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “YQB, Aéroport de Québec” mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “aeroportdequebec.com” website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Advisor, Communications and Media Relations
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640‑2700, extension 2624