Québec City, November 29, 2018 – The vision and incredible accomplishments of Gaëtan Gagné, President and CEO of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB), have been recognized during the Tourism Industry Association of Canada’s Canadian Tourism Awards (TIAC). This year’s ceremony was held at the Hilton Lac‑Leamy in Gatineau. Mr. Gagné won the WestJet Airport Innovation and Excellence Award in recognition of his hard work and dedication to the tourism and airport industries.
This dedicated and visionary man has been involved in the development of YQB for more than 20 years. Under his leadership, the organization has grown rapidly and continually. In 2017, it took an important step forward with the completion of its new international terminal, marking the end of the first phase of the largest expansion project in the airport’s history.
“I am honoured to receive this airport innovation award. We have worked extremely hard to make YQB a world-class airport that can not only handle our growth, but also promote the greater Québec City area on the international stage,” stated Mr. Gagné. “I’m sharing this accomplishment with all of YQB’s employees, who gave life to our vision and supported our passenger-first values.”
The WestJet Airport Innovation and Excellence Award is presented to an airport, airport authority or individual with an airport or airport authority whose strategy or program enhances the experience and/or the safe facilitation of travellers, thereby contributing to Canada’s reputation as a top international destination.
“The Canadian Tourism Awards celebrate creativity, diversity and originality in the tourism industry. We would like to congratulate the organizations and individuals whose hard work will encourage our youth to become part of the tourism industry and join the companies, big and small, that support regional development and the Canadian economy,” declared Charlotte Bell, President and CEO of the TIAC.
The Canadian Tourism Awards are presented annually by the TIAC to recognize success, leadership and innovation in Canada's tourism industry. Finalists come from all of Canada’s provinces and territories. These awards are an opportunity for the Canadian tourism industry to reward those people, places, organizations and events that have gone above and beyond to offer travellers superior tourism experiences in Canada.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Airport Innovation and Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands prix du génie-conseil québécois – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “YQB, Aéroport de Québec” mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “aeroportdequebec.com” website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Twitter : QuebecYQB
Facebook : facebook.com/aeroportdequebec
Web : www.aeroportdequebec.com
Advisor, Communications and Media Relations
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640‑2700, extension 2624