Québec City, November 17, 2021. – The health measures in place at Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) have earned it the Airport Health Accreditation global seal of excellence from Airports Council International (ACI) for a second year in a row.
The Airport Health Accreditation recognizes the implementation of health standards at airports, in line with the recommendations of the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) Aviation Recovery Task Force. Accreditation is granted following a rigorous evaluation based on cleaning and disinfection standards, social distancing, protection of employees, layout of the premises and communications to passengers.
Reminder of the current measures at YQB
- Cleaning procedures have been enhanced;
- The number of available luggage carts has been reduced so that they can be cleaned more often;
- Hand sanitizer kiosks have been set up along passengers’ route through the terminal;
- Signage and floor markings have been installed as a reminder of hygiene and social distancing measures;
- Wearing a mask is mandatory at all times in the terminal;
- All air passengers 12 years of age and older are required to be fully vaccinated in order to board domestic, transborder or international flights departing from airports in Canada;
- All airport authority employees, partners, tenants, concessionaires and suppliers working in the terminal or in the restricted area of the Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except exemptions allowed, in accordance with the requirements issued by the Government of Canada.
In addition, we strongly encourage all passengers to check in online prior to their flight to reduce human interaction in the terminal.
To learn more about the Airport Health accreditation, click here.