Located some 800 km north of Boston, Québec City is the only walled city in North America and the oldest city north of the Mexican border. Founded in 1608, the city is renowned for its European charm and magnificent scenery which attract tourists from around the world. Québec City has been designated a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Québec City residents enjoy the benefits of both an urban centre and the countryside, with several picturesque historical towns and numerous breathtaking parks located nearby.
The region is large enough to offer the services enjoyed in larger cities but also small enough to preserve a sense of community. It offers a family-oriented lifestyle and a relaxed atmosphere.
Québec City is located at the heart of a very attractive economic region. This is in part due to its geographic location and access to a market representing over 360 million consumers, 80 million of which are in a 1,000 km radius. The region itself offers a diversified economic base and the population’s strong entrepreneurial culture consistently leads to the creation of new businesses. Specifically, Québec City offers:
Exceptional commercial and tourism infrastructures
- A world-class convention centre and an ultra-modern trade centre
- Over 17,000 hotel rooms
Diversified services of exceptional quality
- The expertise of world-class R&D companies
- 6,000 researchers and associates
- Over one hundred private and public research centres
A sophisticated educational network
- Laval University (the 2nd oldest in North America) and Université du Québec
- French and bilingual schools
A strong and dynamic manufacturing industry
- Close to 1,100 manufacturing companies employing nearly 33,000 people
Adapted industrial infrastructure
- 50 industrial zones and parks, easily accessible and well organized
- Leading-edge technology